[Reactive Web Previewer] Problems previewing documents with special characters in the name
reactive-web-previewer
Reactive icon
Forge component by Marcelo Ferreira
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.8 (Build 58515)

Hello,

I'm using this component but I noticed some issues to preview documents with special characters in the filename.

I tried to preview pdf, images with special characters in the filename and everything is working as expected.

After doing a code debug, I realized that for both cases (document with and without special characters in the name), the Location is correctly assigned and I'm able to download the document.
So I don't understand why it is not possible to preview the document.

Has anyone encountered the same issue or can help me on this one?

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Hello again,

The problem that I described above is related with an issue with Microsoft online viewer for Office documents. The viewer doesn't work with documents containing accents and diacritics characters in the filename.

To solve the issue I created in client side a Javascript function to remove these characters and I deleted all records from the "FileCache" entity to guarantee that I didn't have any document with a wrong filename in this entity.

I hope this is useful to other users of this component.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.