How to add a Compound Data Types to a list
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.8 (Build 58515)

Hi all,

I have a list with compound data types that I initially with an aggregate from database tables.

Then I need to create new custom rows with data that user fill in a form. I'm having difficulties to understand how to create a new compound data type record in order to append it to the list.

I tried to pass single values to the client action and also the two objects (BusinessVSEffort, Effort) but I can't compose in the compound data record.

I try to attach a couple of screenshot.

thanks.

m

screen.png

Hello Marco,

You can add compound data types to your list by using a List of Records. 

I'm attaching an oml using your example. 

Hope it helps!

Paulo Rosário

CompoundDatatypes.oml

Thanks a lot for your answer.

In your example, if I understood well, you manage records from an aggregate from db and use that records to fill the list. This is the same thing I do for first loading from db. No problem in this step.

Now I want to insert a new record (in this case list of records) with information inserted in a form by user.

So, i.e. I collect through the form all single fields (item, quantity, existing, complexity...) filled by the user and I need to append a new record created with these information. I don't know how I can create e new record of 'BusinessVSEffort, Effort' type to be passed to ListAppend function.

Hoping to have been clear enough

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.