In the Forms Validations Exercise, I don't have an automatic action

In the Forms Validation Exercise, I don't have an automatic "AddMemberToProject" action. To create it, what should I write in the source?

Thank you

You need to right click on the server action and then add an Input parameter.

then double click on the datatype property and search for ProjectMember Entity and select it. After that give that input parameter to the source.

Personal Suggestion: Please go through this Course it will help you to know more about outsystems and how it actually works.

Regards,

Pavan R

Hello Mariana

I don't know which exercise you are talking about but assuming from the word "AddMemberToProject"  your requirement is to add multiple members to a particular project so for that you should have the junction entity (lets say ProjectMember Entity) So in that you will have the ProjectId and the MemberId and you need to use the CreateOrUpdateProjectMember Action for Adding and modifying the number of members to a particular project. Hope it helps you..

Regards,

Pavan R

Hello Pavan,

And how do I do that in the source of the action?

Thank you

Hello Mariana,

Have created the Junction Entity?  Is it possible to share the ERD or the OML?

Regards,

Pavan R

Add Project and Role Description in Employee page

See save button action

Add new action "AddMemberToProject "

Publish and Check the application and database 

Regards,

Shahaji

FormValidationsExercise.oml

I am missing the source here

Captura de ecrã 2022-03-10, às 13.20.39.png

Hello Mariana,

You should have an input parameter to that action of ProjectMember Datatype and then pass it to the Source.

Regards,

Pavan R

And how do I find or creates that parameter?

You need to right click on the server action and then add an Input parameter.

then double click on the datatype property and search for ProjectMember Entity and select it. After that give that input parameter to the source.

Personal Suggestion: Please go through this Course it will help you to know more about outsystems and how it actually works.

Regards,

Pavan R

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.