URL contains ts=XXXXXXX in Production environment
Application Type
Traditional Web, Mobile, Reactive

Hello

I know that in development environments, OutSystems applications include a timestamp in url to prevent loading of cached content.

However, I checked that, when accessing my application in the Production environment, in an incognito window, that timestamp is also added to the url, having something like:

https://<my_prod_domain>/?_ts=1647104187205

So, every user that is accessing the application for the first time, will see this in the url.

Is this suppose to happen in the Production environment?

If so, is it possible to prevent adding this timestamp to the url and avoid this extra redirect?

Cheers,

Cláudia Oliveira

Hi

After contacting OutSystems support, I was informed that the timestamp is not supposed to be added to the production url.

If it's happening, this can be related to 2 different scenarios:

1. If the application is not Reactive:

· It's recommended to add a Module Alias.
A Module (or eSpace) Alias is an alternative eSpace name to be used in URLs: normally a simpler, friendlier, and keyword-relevant name.
For more information, see the article on Customizing or redirecting the application URL.

2. If the application is Reactive:

· There is a known bug RPM-1623 that is already included in the platform release 11.14.0 onwards.

The issue happens on Reactive applications when SEO URLs are active for Reactive Webs.

Kind regards,

Cláudia Oliveira

Hi Cláudia Oliveira,

That additional parameter gets included only when we try to open the web page clicking on the One-click publish button from the studio and not exactly if you try to open the URL specific to End-User Module.

regards,
varada rajan

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Cláudia,

You don't have to worry with this parameter, it only shows up when you open the page via Service Studio.

By the way the _ts stands for timestamp attribute and the integer value represents the timestamp, in UNIX, you click the Service Studio "Open the browser" button:

The goal is to force the invalidation of the cache, when you first access the page after publishing, of files which are usually stored in the browser, like JavaScript and CSS files. In this way, they will be reloaded and make sure you will see the changes you made, even on that level.

Kind Regards,
João

Hi

Thanks for your answers.

The behavior I'm describing don't happens only when I open the page via service studio, it happens when I type the url in the browser incognito window.

I type the usual url: https://<MyDomain> and the browser redirects to https://<MyDomain>/?_ts=1647104187205.

This is happening in the Production environment. Do you know if this is suppose to happen?

Regards,

Cláudia

Hi Cláudia Oliveira,

Inclusion of Time Stamp automatically seems Unusual after going through another forum post               What is ts=XXXXXXX in the url | OutSystems

Please check this, if any of the Latest features--like Technical Preview are Effecting your End-url

Regards,
Varada Rajan

Hi

After contacting OutSystems support, I was informed that the timestamp is not supposed to be added to the production url.

If it's happening, this can be related to 2 different scenarios:

1. If the application is not Reactive:

· It's recommended to add a Module Alias.
A Module (or eSpace) Alias is an alternative eSpace name to be used in URLs: normally a simpler, friendlier, and keyword-relevant name.
For more information, see the article on Customizing or redirecting the application URL.

2. If the application is Reactive:

· There is a known bug RPM-1623 that is already included in the platform release 11.14.0 onwards.

The issue happens on Reactive applications when SEO URLs are active for Reactive Webs.

Kind regards,

Cláudia Oliveira

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.