How to preview the information of a link?
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hi, i am creating this app in mobile ("Instagram clone") and i want to know if there is any way of previewing the content inside the link before clicking it  (Like the image from facebook).

I have tried some components from forge but none of them had what i needed.

Solution

Dear Bruno,
Greetings of the day

Checking with you the possibility, if this solution was something you were looking for ?
If yes, I would suggest to mark it as resolved so other community members can get this resolution note once needed.

If its still not resolved, kindly let us know if you need any further help from community.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Dear Bruno,
Greetings of the day

I have created a new component similar to your query and can be useful to others as well who are in such requirements.

Please check URL Preview Generator
https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/12730/url-preview-generator

This component will return required data to present near the link/URL.
Demo is also there so you can see how you can integrate it.

Let us know if this is fulfilling your requirements or not. 

Regards,

Thanks Palak, it worked very well. 

I just wanna know if there is a limit to preview, Because when i tried with a for each widget it returned a error called "Too many requests"

My goal is that every post that has a link shows the preview without having to click on the button 

Dear Bruno,

Yes this is a free key which I have used in Demo version. 

As mentioned in the component description, if you want to use for large usage or commercial usage, you need subscription or higher plan for unlimited usage.

Kindly check documentation i have added for this in forge component. 

Regards,

Palak Patel

Understood, Thank You!

Solution

Dear Bruno,
Greetings of the day

Checking with you the possibility, if this solution was something you were looking for ?
If yes, I would suggest to mark it as resolved so other community members can get this resolution note once needed.

If its still not resolved, kindly let us know if you need any further help from community.

Regards,
Palak Patel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.