Org Chart displaying for each entry in DB
Application Type
Reactive

Hi, 

I am new to this and have very little programming experience but I learning as I go along. I have been tasked with creating an Organogram for our business, I started my creating a test DB in our MySql server with 3 entries. I worked to get data to display and finally got it to show the Hierachy Org Chart. The problem I am facing now is that it is showing the chart for each entry ( see below scrrenshot)

Any help would be appreciated? 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Try removing the list from your screen. The Hierarchy webblock is being drawn once for every result of your Get aggregate, and since you're already converting the HTML in a helper action to draw it there, you don't need the list on your screen to pass information. Try just using the webblock on the screen.

Hi @nisaar isaacs ,

Yes, I'm getting data, I'm using the OutsystemSampleDataBase. for example purpose.

I added a comment and DEMO link and attached a OML as well right, 

I don't know that why you deleted that comment.
After that I checked the post that you marked it as a solution.

The Steps Which I had Done.

1. I Added the block of Diagram TF form the forge component.

2. Inside the Dat Action of GetHTMLFromHierarchy.

Result :

Please find the Attached OML and Demo link for your reference.

DEMO Link

I hope this helps.

- Palle Vijay Bhaskar Reddy

Hierarchy Chart.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello,

Reading the description of your issue, it sounds like the results of your query to the database are being multiplied by the joins being used.

Do you think you could share some print screens of the relevant code (screen, actions responsible for fetching the data), or the module itself?

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Please see screen shots below :

Screen

Actions

I have attached my OML fille too.

Thank you for the help Afonso!

TestOrg.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Try removing the list from your screen. The Hierarchy webblock is being drawn once for every result of your Get aggregate, and since you're already converting the HTML in a helper action to draw it there, you don't need the list on your screen to pass information. Try just using the webblock on the screen.

mvp_badge
MVP

No problem! Let us know if you have any other issues.

Hi @nisaar isaacs ,

I used this Hierarchical Organizational Chart  forge component.

Check the Documentation for reference.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=7575&ProjectName=hierarchical-organizational-chart

Thank you Vijay, that is the component I based my Org Chart on. 

Hi Vijay, 

How did you get the data to show in a tree using the Hierarchical Organizational Chart ?

Hi @nisaar isaacs ,

Yes, I'm getting data, I'm using the OutsystemSampleDataBase. for example purpose.

I added a comment and DEMO link and attached a OML as well right, 

I don't know that why you deleted that comment.
After that I checked the post that you marked it as a solution.

The Steps Which I had Done.

1. I Added the block of Diagram TF form the forge component.

2. Inside the Dat Action of GetHTMLFromHierarchy.

Result :

Please find the Attached OML and Demo link for your reference.

DEMO Link

I hope this helps.

Hierarchy Chart.oml

Thanks, I fixed mine. My ID's parent ID's were actually pointing to wrong numbers. Once I changed that, I managed to fix my Hierarchy

Thank you for All the help guys ..... This is my Org Chart...work in progress

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.