Debugger - Why can't we see variable's values?

Debugger - Why can't we see variable's values?

Now here's something that's anoying me... when debugging, look for instance at the Param02 variable in the picture below, why can't we see what the whole value is, like in Param01 and Param03?

I right click and choose "copy value" and get "CAST(
TO_NUMBER(TO_CHAR(CASE WHEN {ACTIVITY}.[EndDate] = @NullDate THEN @  ... "

Great. Ellipsis. Just what I needed.

Hi Joao,

I think it has got something to do with the carriage-return in your param.
one could say, outsystems: remove all CR in debug-watches, but then you get another issue with "real" text where CR's are really needed (and has to be debugged as such) so I am happy the way it works now.

best workaround is to remove the CR's yourself so you don't have that specific issue in that case.

greets,

J.

p.s. Sarcasm is not so nice!

Well, if the problem is the CR it doesn't make sense to me. It's part of the string and I should be able to see it. Right now I'm using Audit to log the values so I can see them in Service Center. Gotta be agile.
Hi João,

You're right, the current visualization support for watches is not ideal. All I can say is that we at OutSystems are aware of that and an issue already exists in the backlog to enhance this feature.

In the meantime, I hope this limitation doesn't cause TOO much pain...

Best Regards,

Miguel
What version of the platform are you using? In 5.1 we added the ellipsis to multiline values, and in 6.0 there were some extra fixes to that as the ellipsis didn't appear in all cases.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Miguel, is good to know you guys are aware of this and are taking care of it. It wouldn't be fun without a little pain :-)

Gustavo, I'm working on a version 5.1.1.22 platform server with service studio also 5.1.1.22.

Cheers,
João