Reset Environment to default installation

Hi,

I would like to start some sort of brainstorm for the following issue:

We are looking for a way to clear an environment of everything: 'Applications, Users, Developers'. Basically press a button and reset to factory issue as if it were a new installation. We want this to create clean up application for our training environment. Imagine giving a training course were 12 participants created all sorts of applications that at the end of the training needs to be cleared for the next week because another group of participants will use the same environment.

I've send a ticket to OutSystems support and they responded it is not possible. However there are a lot of creative minds here that might have a different way of tackling this problem. 

What I've tried to do is check out and experiment with the lifetime API . However it is only possible to delete applications that are not in use "

Discards an application version, if possible. Running versions, or versions used in Deployments cannot be deleted.

"

So naturally I thought what if I somehow force the used version to be flagged as not running, but it's hard to find any documentation on that. 

If and after clearing out the applications than we need to clear the developers accounts. On this there is no API it seems. I think because in normal cases you would want to save the developers because you would want to keep the change history.

Every hint or advice is welcome, because we are kind of stuck. 

Thanks in advance!

So after taking a look at what are options are. We have found a solution to the problem and it is the usage of the servicecenter webservice PlatformServices_v8_0_0.asmx. Here we can call the Staging_Cleanup service to remove applications. So despite what OutSystems Support said it is possible to do it programmatically. I'll try and make a application so it can go on the forge.

Dear Robert,
Greetings of the day

I would suggest to go to Service Center-> Applications & delete applications which created in training.
This will also delete any modules which are inside those applications.
You need to check only those applications which are created / published in the last week.

Additionally, to clearup environment size & junk data from backend, you can use dbcleaner forge component.

I know this is not the best approach but as its confirmed by OutSystems support that there can not be reset, I would use this option to cleanup the environment. 

Let us know if this helps. 

Regards,

Palak Patel

So after taking a look at what are options are. We have found a solution to the problem and it is the usage of the servicecenter webservice PlatformServices_v8_0_0.asmx. Here we can call the Staging_Cleanup service to remove applications. So despite what OutSystems Support said it is possible to do it programmatically. I'll try and make a application so it can go on the forge.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.