Refresh Screen Using 2 Different Aggregates

Hello,
first of all im trying to build a Reactive Web App
I have 2 different Excels / Aggregates and i want to impliment them in a Dropdown Widget so i'll be able to Refresh the Data on the screen when i choose which Department i want to see and who is in it .

( For the sake of the example ill name them Master Data and Supplementary
   Master Data ,  has all the info we need for an Employee , Name/LastName/Surname/Id/Departments and many more .
Supplementary  , has only Departments on it and the reason is because  we have 2 or more employees at the same Department and in Master Data when im trying to use it at dropdown all i get is Duplicated Values .

In conclusion , all i want is to have a connection between those 2 Aggregates or if its possible to remove the duplicates that are being shown at dropdown ( IF we use the MasterData )

**We are trying not to use any Forge components**

Hi Meletis,

I have implemented the logic which you want 

here is the oml.....

Test.oml

Hello again ,
Awesome :D .But as i see it it has x2 Extensions .
1 )HTML2PDF

2nd i cant really find it or dependecies are messed up .
Is there a way to do the logic without using extensions ?
Thats what they are asking to do .

Thanks again ,
 MeL

I was using that extension for some other purpose . You can implement same logic without that extension also.

Hello and thanks once more for your reply . 

Im trying to implement the same logic wihtout the extensions but it doesnt work . 

When i use the local Variable DepartmentId ( so it will create a Department Identifier ) and use it as a filter so we will get the Test Value we need , it just doesnt show up any of the values we have entered .
The Table is empty , no value been shown or will be .

Can you help me a bit there

Thanks in advance,
 MeL

Hi Meletis,

First create a aggregates to select distinct departments from Supplementary. You can use group by department in this aggregates. Bind your dropdown with this aggregates results.

Create second aggregates to select MasterData. Set fetch property as only on demand. Apply Filter in this aggregates to select only one department records. Create a input parameter DepartmentId and used it in filter.

On change of Department dropdown event refresh the MasterData aggregates.

Thanks

Vinod

Hello Vinod ,
thanks for the fast response and your solution about it .
So its something like this after all . https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Query_Data/Implement_asynchronous_data_fetching_using_Aggregates

Thanks ,
MeL

So Instead of Employees.Id
Ill put Employees.Departments ?

or i connect those 2 aggregates using Entity Diagram ?
So it will be MasterData(Employees) <-- Supplementary(Departments) , so it will create a Departments.Id to MasterData , am i right ? 

Ok , so quick update .
I did follow all the Documentation, swapped the data and still doesnt work .
Im sorry, but im still in JuniorLevel.
Do you require the .oml to help me more?

Thanks in advance ,
MeL

ForumTest.oml

Hi Meletis,

I have implemented the logic which you want 

here is the oml.....

Test.oml

Hello again ,
Awesome :D .But as i see it it has x2 Extensions .
1 )HTML2PDF

2nd i cant really find it or dependecies are messed up .
Is there a way to do the logic without using extensions ?
Thats what they are asking to do .

Thanks again ,
 MeL

I was using that extension for some other purpose . You can implement same logic without that extension also.

Hello and thanks once more for your reply . 

Im trying to implement the same logic wihtout the extensions but it doesnt work . 

When i use the local Variable DepartmentId ( so it will create a Department Identifier ) and use it as a filter so we will get the Test Value we need , it just doesnt show up any of the values we have entered .
The Table is empty , no value been shown or will be .

Can you help me a bit there

Thanks in advance,
 MeL

can you send the latest oml??....I ll check.

This one is not my main Module but it has the same logic , less information

**EDIT : I connected the Entities inside the Diagram , giving the Employee Entity a DepartmentID ,
then i continued using it as a filter at GetEmployees Aggregate =DepartmentId (variable) to create a new Test Value , but it didnt work either 

ForumTest.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.