tooltip decreases size of dropdown widget
Application Type
Reactive

Hi there, i am facing an issue in the UI part of my app, i have used the 4 columns widget and each column contains a tooltip inside which a drop down is placed. The Problem is when i publish the app the width of the dropdowns are very small and and content in it hits the expand button in the dropdown. I have tried changing the width of the drop down but it doesn't work. Also the first drop down shows the tooltip message to the right even though i specifically mentioned it as bottom. Can anyone please help me with this.

Hi @Akash Venugopal,

The tooltip has a css class 'osui-tooltip' with a property of display:inline-block  which is causing that behaviour (why?).

If you add a custom class to the tooltips you want to expand you will be able to override the default. See example below:

Cheers,

Bruno

Awesome, it solved all the issues. Thank you so much.

Can you share your OML for easy troubleshooting. And just to make sure, are you using the latest version of OutSystems UI since the Tooltip got an overhaul in one of the latest updates.

Greetings,

Vincent

Sure. Here it is. It is present in examplescreen1. 

Sample.oml

Is this an issue with the tooltip widget? has anyone faced this?

Hi @Akash Venugopal,

The tooltip has a css class 'osui-tooltip' with a property of display:inline-block  which is causing that behaviour (why?).

If you add a custom class to the tooltips you want to expand you will be able to override the default. See example below:

Cheers,

Bruno

Awesome, it solved all the issues. Thank you so much.

Bruno, Good Solution !! Thanks for sharing.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.