Details from a list

Hiii, I want to do a detail screen clicking on a list item, but i can't send the content/entity to another screen. The problem is I can't do that because the DB is in other module. Someone can help me?

Solution

Hi Simao,

I have created a demo application for above issue you have raised .

Please check by below url and find attached oml.

https://rahul-jain-doitlean.outsystemscloud.com/Application/Rooms

If DB  is in other module so  reference required of that table.

Thanks

Rahul Jain

Application.oml

Solution

To filter the record on the basis of Id received in input param you just need to apply the filter using that Id. SecondEntity will be replaced by entity Treino in your case. Id is input parameter received from previous screen.

Or you can write SQL like below

select * from {Treino} where {Treino}.[Id] = @ID_Treino

Hello,

Have you seen outsystems training? the guided paths, I believe they will help you.

But anyway, you can "pull" your DB to your module, going to references and choosing the ones you want for your module and then you can use it.

Usually, you don't want to send a whole Record to another screen, you'd prefer to send the Id of that record, and then re-fetch it in the other screen with a proper Aggregate or SQL action

the problem is idk how to do the sql action. id_treino is my input parameter who will receive the id from the other screen but no idk how to do the filter to obtain only the current tuple.

Solution

To filter the record on the basis of Id received in input param you just need to apply the filter using that Id. SecondEntity will be replaced by entity Treino in your case. Id is input parameter received from previous screen.

Or you can write SQL like below

select * from {Treino} where {Treino}.[Id] = @ID_Treino

I think you should not send complete entity or data on another screen. Just send the identifier/primary key on another screen then on second screen fetch the data using identifier received in input parameter.

On first screen listing, you can easily get the Id of the record by using List.current. List is the source list in listing.

Solution

Hi Simao,

I have created a demo application for above issue you have raised .

Please check by below url and find attached oml.

https://rahul-jain-doitlean.outsystemscloud.com/Application/Rooms

If DB  is in other module so  reference required of that table.

Thanks

Rahul Jain

Application.oml

Hi Simao,

If you created DB in other module then you have to use that module in your end user module. For that their is a option to manage the dependencies. Search your module name and add in your end user module for detail screen. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.