[Case Management framework] Requester modify the request details workflow builder
case-management-framework
Service icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Reactive

I am building a flow using workflow builder which I will convert to a case management project later to add more customization. On my flow in each form, the requester or the operator will specify the person that the next task is assigned to. My question is if the requester/or the operator wanted to change the form details after submitting (especially if he wanted to change the person that the task assigned to, what if he chooses the manager and then he remembers that the manager is not here). I know there is a delegation option and there is an administrator that can change the assignment on any time, but my question is if there is a way to enable the requester of changing his form details and especially changing the next assignee. 

Thanks and Regards, 

We can use PickupActivity or TakeoverActivity to pick that particular activity and can update the details. Then we can assign back to same or new user. 

Dear @Vikas Sharma 

what I understood from the documentation that for using the PickupActivity and TakeoverActivity APIS the user needs to belong to the assigned group (if any group is assigned) or be under the delegation of a user of the same group.

On my flow, the requester will specify the person that the next task is assigned. What I wanted is:  if the requester wanted to change the form details after submitting (if he wanted to change the person that the task assigned to, what if he chooses the manager and then he remembers that the manager is not here).  can I allow editing the from and assign the next task to another user according to the requester specification. I saw in the documentarian an API that might help called "Release an activity" but it seems it only user that can release an activity is the user assigned to that activity which will not help in my case.

Thanks and Regards,

Got your point. So in this case as work around either you can use the ActivitySetGroup method to set the group of activity to the group of requester. By this way requester will be able to pickup/takeover the activity again. or you can assign the activity's group to requester and pickup/takeover the task and then again remove requester from group.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.