[Case Management framework] CMF Assign the activity to multiple users without group
case-management-framework
Service icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Reactive

I am working on a CMF project, the flow starts with a requester who needs to send the request to multiple specified users for doing the next human activity. The available methods on the CMF give the option to assign to one single user or to a group. I don't have a specific group id, instead, I want the user to specify the users to do the task. is there any api or a way on CMF that could help me. 

Hi Kawthar,

Yes, by default one human activity can only be assigned to a single user or group and the CMf does not provide any special way of doing it. However, this can be achieved using the BPT pattern described here. Each user will have his own activity (all of the same type) and the main flow of the process can be controlled to wait for all activities to be completed or whichever is the deciding factor.

Thanks André Ramada for your response. by using the BPT pattern "Multiple Instance Activities" can we specify the set of users that the activity will be assigned to. 

You can't assign a single activity to multiple  users or multiple groups. If you want to assign an activity to multiple users then you simply need to add those users in one group and then assign activity to that particular group.

Or some work around is possible like don't assign the activity to any user initially. According to the status it will be visible to all the users of specific roles. Then any user can pick the activity.

for each case, the requester selection of the users will be different, so it does not make sense to create a different group for each case.  I want the case to be approved and moved to the next step if all the users specified by the requester give their approval, is that possible? 

So in this case you can leave the activity free. Let say 3 users approval required. Now any user can pick the activity and then after doing work will release it. Then second and third user will do same. 

We can add one wait condition to check the approval status from all 3 users. 

Hi Kawthar,

Yes, by default one human activity can only be assigned to a single user or group and the CMf does not provide any special way of doing it. However, this can be achieved using the BPT pattern described here. Each user will have his own activity (all of the same type) and the main flow of the process can be controlled to wait for all activities to be completed or whichever is the deciding factor.

Thanks André Ramada for your response. by using the BPT pattern "Multiple Instance Activities" can we specify the set of users that the activity will be assigned to. 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.