expresion editor promt can't be saved
Question

Hello,

I have question about my develop 

I have a month column where the column will be filled automatically when the date column is filled,  but I enter the script in

Month(GetFormNonTobMaterialById.List.Current.FormNonTobMaterial.DateReceipt) + "-"+ Year(GetFormNonTobMaterialById.List.Current.FormNonTobMaterial.DateReceipt)

when I save data in the month column it is not saved in the database, please advise what should I do? so that the data can be saved

Thanks

NonTobMaterial_Tab.oml

you want to put that as M-yyyy ?
if yes give the variable property as text then while creating passed that value to the database

not exact clear because if you just want to save month then why you passing year ?
and if you just want to pass month then take integer variable and passed that value to the create operation (if this is the thing then just put value in the input you will get the desired output

there are few question
1) what format you want to save in the month field
2) month is changeable by user or not ?(or its directly month of current date () need to save)

Hello Gemma,

Glad to help you :) 

If this solved your problem then marked as solution so if any one will face same issue then they will get that easily 😀

Keep coding :)

Hello Gema,

usally Prompt is only used to show the hint its not saving data whatever present in your variable property that is only stored in the database not a prompt

EDIT:

Please read the info for the prompt so here its clear whatever present in prompt its just hint not actually value
if you want to set that as hard code then you can passed that value on the onready/on initialize action (map that value to the variable which is assign to the variable property )

what ever you passed on the variable that is only able to stored in the database

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

what should i do to save the data in the month column?

you want to put that as M-yyyy ?
if yes give the variable property as text then while creating passed that value to the database

not exact clear because if you just want to save month then why you passing year ?
and if you just want to pass month then take integer variable and passed that value to the create operation (if this is the thing then just put value in the input you will get the desired output

there are few question
1) what format you want to save in the month field
2) month is changeable by user or not ?(or its directly month of current date () need to save)

Hello Gemma,

Glad to help you :) 

If this solved your problem then marked as solution so if any one will face same issue then they will get that easily 😀

Keep coding :)

Simply on the click of Save button, in client action you get and set the value of month in variable and then pass this to the database.

Thanks.

Hi Vikas

Is already resolved

thanks for your help

Hi Gema,

On date field change event set "GetFormNonTobMaterialById.List.Current.FormNonTobMaterial.Month" field.

Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod

Is already resolved

thanks for your help

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.