Saving a value with a timer attached to it

Basicly what i want to do is change the values of this page, after the moment i write in all of them in twelve hours it will reset the value in the input form, is it possible to do it? 

Solution

Have a look here

https://www.outsystems.com/training/courses/179/asynchronous-processing-with-timers/

Basically, you will create a timer in the processes tab. And you will do your logic by seeing in the table that has the records that you want to remove after 12hs and you are going to check if the date of creation is less than 12h of the currdatetime then if is true you call the server action to remove those records.

Solution

So for that, you can use client variables or cookies and you can check the time for them. I think the best approach is Cookies because you can check the time of the cookies and you can also remove that cookie after a certain time.

You can make a timer that will check always if the date of creation of those records is less than 12hs if it is doesn't do anything if is 12h or more it will remove/delete those records from that list.

That's one option that I can see.

Regards,

Márcio

How do i put the timer working??

Solution

Have a look here

https://www.outsystems.com/training/courses/179/asynchronous-processing-with-timers/

Basically, you will create a timer in the processes tab. And you will do your logic by seeing in the table that has the records that you want to remove after 12hs and you are going to check if the date of creation is less than 12h of the currdatetime then if is true you call the server action to remove those records.

If i close the app and open it again the values wont save i dont want to save them in the data_base i just want them to exist for a certain period of time, how can i change that?

Solution

So for that, you can use client variables or cookies and you can check the time for them. I think the best approach is Cookies because you can check the time of the cookies and you can also remove that cookie after a certain time.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.