binary data
Question

Hi guys

I have any question about  binary data (image) to excel or the otherwise

1. i have inset file image with another input

2. I have a preview of the report 

3. I have to export the data to an excel file with an image in it

4. ican't export data if in my database have binary data 

• where if I read, saving a file in the form of an image will definitely make the application heavy?
  • I have read in several posts about binary data before, where to export binary data you can use advanced excel, can it be where there is text and image input in one database exported at the same time ?
  • what are your suggestions for me to make this process?

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

You cannot Dave the image binary in the excel.

You need to remove it from the structure and the structure and not map them in the recordlist2excel action.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel 

can you give an example for the correct structure to get the correct export excel file

Thanks

Hi,

you might take a look at the OfficeUtils Forge Component OfficeUtils - Overview | OutSystems which allows more complex exports to excel. 

Best

Stefan

Hi Stefan

Could you please provide some example to implement export using OfficeUtils Forge Component OfficeUtils - Overview | OutSystems , just simple exemple...

thanks

Hi Gema,

attached is a sample sample how to prepare OfficeUtils export including images. I havent done that before and found out, that it seems be impossible to define the width and height of the surrounding cell (or better row). 

Best

Stefan

ExcelExportDemo.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.