How to merge an old version of application from different environment to another
Application Type
Traditional Web

We have two development environments.

The first environment has been down for quite a long time (approx. 2 weeks).

Unfortunately, we were not able to save a backup of the latest version of our application.
We do have a backup although it was an old version.

We imported this backup to the second environment.
Basically, we started working again on the second environment using an outdated version of our application.

Now, we want to merge the last version of the application from the first environment.
To the latest version that is in the second environment.

What is the best and easiest way to do this without overriding the latest changes in our second environment.

If you have a backup you can import the applications or the modules directly from "file".

Regards

Graça  

Thanks for your response, Graca. However, I do have some concerns with this process. Will this won't override what we have already?

As far as I have understood, in Service Studio just go to:

Module / Compare and Merge with another version of file / Choose file 

and you should be fine ;)

With this approach, I would have to manually fix conflicting changes right?

How about if I have multiple modules/application that I need to merge? Whats the best way to "bulk merge"?

The import yes. 

If you already have the module in the new environment , you can use Borislav suggestion.

If not , mine is quicker.  You can even do it  from the Service Center. 

We already have the application/module in the second(new) environment, but we have some changes in the first environment that is not in the second environment.

Because the version of the application/module that was imported in the second environment is the last version deployed to UAT (i.e., the old version of the application/module from DEV in the first environment).

Basically, we started working again on the second environment using an outdated version of our application/module.

Now, we want to merge the last version of the application/module from dev in the first environment.
To the latest version of our application/module in the second environment.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.