[CryptoAPI] CryptoAPI Searchable
Question
cryptoapi
Service icon
Forge component by João Barata

I saw on a previous thread that it was possible to search on an encrypted field using the CryptoAPI component. What actions from the component do I need in order to search on an encrypted db column?

I am encrypting SSN. I need to be able to both search Users based on SSN and also be able to display SSN in my application. Encrypting using a deterministic cypher approach allows me to search easily by encrypting the search text and matching what's in the database. Displaying the SSN is easier using something like AES where I can pass in a key and the cypher text and display the plain text but this would take a hard hit on performance in order to search.

Using the general Encryption Decryption Action Available in the Component would fulfill your Search requirement.

But as I could understand  that you are trying to Encrypt /Decrypt a search value ,Pass it to the DB search, get the value back. Encrypt/decrypt and showing the same.

this would not have any impact on the performance as long as your data retrieval and search are performing fine.
these actions are sparkling quick.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.