How would I add a variable to a floating action button for an input text box
Question
Application Type
Mobile

I'm trying to send input text fields to the page using a floating action. However when asked for a variable, I can't come up with one that wouldn't record the exact same thing the user wrote in the first input text widget, that was sprung from the floating action. Any suggestions how I could do this?

I've accidentally used the same client variables for multiple input text widgets before and when I wrote on one, the others would say the same.

Thanks,

Charles

Hi just updated the demo to match your requirement and attached the OML file as well.

DynamicElement.oml

Hi Charles,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve or what you mean by floating action. Can you please provide the OML with what you already have so i can understand better your needs?

Thanks,

Diogo Romero

So I have an input box. I would like to use the floating action to import another input box and so on.

example.oml

Hi again,

Playing with dynamic elements it's not that easy in outsystems. You can't just start add new input's using an action or button without having a variable's assigned to them and proper logic behind it.

What is the goal exacly for that use case? What is the need of keep adding "input box" as you mentioned like that ? :)

I'm creating a scroll. So users can input ideas. instead of having a page filled with input fields, is it possible to have that action button create a new field underneath each text box?

Hi Charles,

Just check out this demo and let me know if you are looking for this kind of functionality only.

I really like it! Is there a way to delete the input fields

Hi just updated the demo to match your requirement and attached the OML file as well.

DynamicElement.oml

Thank you

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.