Inserting Bulk Data in Database through API at one Hit
Question

Is there anyway to insert bulk of data through API in database at One hit through postman ??

Like we insert data through rest API one by one can we insert multiple data on one hit.

If you have any sample that will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jitendra

Hi Jitendra,

You can create your own API which is going to accept the list type as an Input parameter and then you need to write the Logic to insert the record in your entity.

you can call this API from Postman as well.

API

The logic of API - You can customize it as per your requirement.

Calling you API from POSTMAN

Thanks @Mayank Dharmpurikar .

Cheers,

Jitendra

Can you please tell me the datatype of Local Variable department and the assignment you have done

Thanks,

Jitendra

Local variable Department is Department Type (Entity Type) and Input Parameter is Department List (List of Department).

As a input parameter I accepted the Department list so I iterated it one by one and inserted into the DB via entity actions.

What About Assignment you have done can you please share you OML

That's the Current iterating element I assigned to the local variable(Department) and then the local variable I passed to the source of the CreateDepartment Entity action, instead of that you can directly assign the current element of Departments to the Source of Entity actions.

Check out this attached OML to understand the logic properly.

SampleService.oml

Hi Jitendra,

You can use bellow forge component -

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1117/bulkinsert

For sample Download the demo -

Thanks

Vinod

Hi @Vinod Patidar 

I think they want to  insert bulk of data through API in database at One hit through postman  ,They don't want to used Advance SQL 

Thanks

Mansur

Hi Md,

We can create API in Outsystems and in that API we can use this forge component to insert bulk data in database.

Thanks

Vinod

Can you please provide any demo if you have as this forge component is new for us so there are some chances of configuration error while using this component.

Regards,

Jitendra

Hi Jitendra,

You can create your own API which is going to accept the list type as an Input parameter and then you need to write the Logic to insert the record in your entity.

you can call this API from Postman as well.

API

The logic of API - You can customize it as per your requirement.

Calling you API from POSTMAN

Thanks @Mayank Dharmpurikar .

Cheers,

Jitendra

Can you please tell me the datatype of Local Variable department and the assignment you have done

Thanks,

Jitendra

Local variable Department is Department Type (Entity Type) and Input Parameter is Department List (List of Department).

As a input parameter I accepted the Department list so I iterated it one by one and inserted into the DB via entity actions.

What About Assignment you have done can you please share you OML

That's the Current iterating element I assigned to the local variable(Department) and then the local variable I passed to the source of the CreateDepartment Entity action, instead of that you can directly assign the current element of Departments to the Source of Entity actions.

Check out this attached OML to understand the logic properly.

SampleService.oml

Thankyou for the help it works.

cheers,

Jitendra

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.