Page not displaying properly when navigating back to it.

Page not displaying properly when navigating back to it.

I have an entity called Applications.  On the Applications Show web page, I've inserted a number of tables that link the current application to other entities such as Configs, Logs, Executables, etc.

If I click on the New Executable link above the table that was automatically generated when I dropped the entity onto the page, I can fill out the pop up and it displays correctly on the Applications Show page.  The "name" column in the Executables table links to the Executables Show web page.  If I click on that link it takes me to the proper destination.  If I click on the back button in my browser, when the Applications Show page is displayed, I no longer see the executable that I just created displayed in the table.  I have to refresh my browser to see it again.  

Is that a bug?  Is there some way the app can force my browser to display data that was added to the page after I previously navigated to it?

Hello Craig,

That is not a bug, but indeed is something that you need to code to pass over it.

The onload event should be fired when the user hits the back button and elements not created via JavaScript will retain their values, as you can see the "old" listed values.

I've done some research and found a possible solution, I suggest keeping a backup of the data used in dynamically created element within an INPUT TYPE="hidden" or TEXTAREA set to display:none then onload using the value of the textbox to rebuild the dynamic elements to the way they were.

Use this piace of code inside an expression and set it to Escape Content = NO.

"<input type='hidden' id='refreshed' value='no'>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var e=document.getElementById('refreshed');

Hope this can help you, let us know if you need any more help.