New RangeSliderInterval not working properly

Hi,

We're trying to change the old deprecated RangeSliderInterval to the new one. But we've found two bugs. I've included an OML with two screens so you could try it out yourself. The first bug was intended to replicated the second bug. But resulted in a different bug. So that's why I've copied a webblock from the application we're currently working on that contained the second bug and tried to remove unrelated things as much as possible.

First bug: When sliding the top slider, the second slider gets rendered and shows steps we've never turned on. Because the second slider is a copy of the first slider with the min, max and starting values changed. Also changed the handler to one that does nothing. Also the steps are getting too close together. So close that eventually it will look like 2 solid bars. One for the steps and one for the step values.

Second bug: As already told this webblock is a copy from an on-going project that we're unable to share. That's why I've copied it to a testing OML. So when opening the filters, a sidebar shows up and it will show 2 red messages saying the sliders are not available. So if you press the refresh button it loads the sliders.The first slider is the new slider and the second slider is the old deprecated slider. The first slider is totally broken. It doesn't show the min and max values. And the min and max value indicator are not properly responding horizontally.

I have no idea what is causing these bugs and hopefully someone knows a solution for the second bug, because that's the one I've currently a problem with in the current on-going project.

Thanks in advance.

Bo

NewRangeSliderTest.oml

Solution

I've found the problem for Bug2. The old deprecated slider and the new one interfere each other. So by removing the old deprecated slider from the block it works on the screen.

Hi,

Reason of first bug is in first range slider on change you are calling below call back. In this call back you are setting the value of mixValue and MaxValue. and in range slider 2 , minVal and MaxVal are used as starting value and end value. So when we change the value on first slider it resets the value of max and min value. Those values are being used in second slider so second slider value get change.

RangeSliderIntervalOnValueChange

So if you want that on change on first slider there should not be any impact on second then use different variables for min and max values.

Not able to generate the bug2, as on first load its getting load properly for me. Could you please explain the use case of bug2.

Regards

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your response.

How should I tackle the first one? Because in the current on-going project I'm doing an aggregate which gets some records. For example 100 records. Those records have a value called completion value. In the OnAfterFetch of the aggregate I'm getting the lowest completion value and the highest completion value and put these values as the min and max value of the slider. Also the slider needs to start at the min and max value that just has been set on the slider to indicate the slider is currently selecting all records possible.

For the second bug I've created a small video showing where to click.

Regards,

Bo

9ENi2jPFl8.mp4

For starting point you can set value of minVal and MaxVal. So slider will take this as starting value. After that in aggregate onafterFetch you can assign the value to StartingValueFrom and StartingValueto to set the values.

For bug2, I think its some rendering issue due to web block. I can't say much about it without application code. You can try to put the code outside the webblock direct in the screen.

Regards

Solution

I've found the problem for Bug2. The old deprecated slider and the new one interfere each other. So by removing the old deprecated slider from the block it works on the screen.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.