How to populate an input parameter from a GET request in the URL
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi

I built an app some time ago which use the URL to populate a ticket ID or Service ID from a url.  I'm building a new screen and need to do a similar thing again but can't remember how I did it.

In my properties pain I can see the URL pattern I need to use in my newly created screen but I don't know how I got this URL pattern in there as it does not appear editable.

Can someone  help me with this.

Hi JayPea,

Create screen input parameter only. It will automatic populated from URL. Please see the below URL -

https://personal-itafqtdv.outsystemscloud.com/JunctionSample/Sample?TicketId=10&ServiceId=20

Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod

Thanks for your reply.

The URL screen shot above relates to the screen which is currently working. My new screen uses a block.

In the new screen I created which uses the block I am getting asked to add the ServiceID, however, this is taken from the URL.

Actually I added the input parameter to the screen and the error has gone away.  Still a little confused how it will populate from the URL is the URL pattern doesn't exists on this screen as per my first screen shot.

It is automatically handled by platform itself.

Thanks

Vinod

Hi JayPea, 

You can pass same Screen input parameter to the block input parameter.

Thanks

Vinod

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.