Timers

Hi , everyone ,

i have created a server action which have 4 input parameters and i am calling that server action in timer , 

my question is how to handle the arguments of action in timers ? 

thanks and regards -

Aman Vishwakarma

Hi Aman,

You can manage parameter by setting default value and Is mandatory False Or you can create site property, static entity to manage input parameter value.

Thanks

Vinod

Solution

Hi @Aman Vishwakarma ,

If your parameters are based on what the user enters at runtime (like I saw in your app) and you want to send that info through email, you should probably store that info in an entity temporarily, and then you fetch that info from that entity in the timer action. Just don't forget to delete the record from that entity when you finished the action!

Let me know if this helps,
Paulo

Hi Aman,

I would suggest store the information in entity and instead of creating 4 input parameter in server action fetch the values from entity in server action itself and send the email.

Best regards

Devendra

Hi Aman,

You can manage parameter by setting default value and Is mandatory False Or you can create site property, static entity to manage input parameter value.

Thanks

Vinod

Solution

Hi @Aman Vishwakarma ,

If your parameters are based on what the user enters at runtime (like I saw in your app) and you want to send that info through email, you should probably store that info in an entity temporarily, and then you fetch that info from that entity in the timer action. Just don't forget to delete the record from that entity when you finished the action!

Let me know if this helps,
Paulo

Hi Aman,

I would suggest store the information in entity and instead of creating 4 input parameter in server action fetch the values from entity in server action itself and send the email.

Best regards

Devendra

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.