[Advanced Excel] CellType
Question
excel-png
Web icon
Forge component by Carlos Freitas
Application Type
Traditional Web

I want to use Advanced Excel and have Excel output a Time type.

Is there any way to output a Time type instead of a Datetime type?

Hi Takumi,

I think you can try to convert from Datetime to Time by:

- Build Time from Datetime: Using NewTime, Hour, Minute, Second from this document Documentation (outsystems.com). For example: NewTime(Hour(Datetime), Minute(Datetime), Second(Datetime)).

- OR FormatDateTime (Format - OutSystems 11 Documentation ) then convert from Text to Time (Documentation (outsystems.com) ) like this: TextToTime(FormatDateTime(Datetime, "HH:mm:ss")).

Regards,

Khuong

Hi Khuong,

Thank you for your support.

I tried that.

On the surface it changed to a time type, but it outputs as text type.

When I output to Excel, I want to output as time type, not as text type.

The reason I want to output as time type is because I want to use the sum function.

And when I applied the time type to the Excel cell, the result did not change.

Best regards,

Takumi

Hi Takumi,

As I see in the document that the extension just support for these types not include Time type.

So I think you can try to make an excel template (in that define Time type for a certain column) and upload to Resource. Then use this extension to load and write to that template. Not sure that the extension will override the celltype or not but I think you can do a quick try.

Regards,

Khuong

Hi Khuong,

Thanks for your help.

I also tried an excel template, but it was not time type.

I still wonder if it is difficult to achieve this because the extension does not include a time type?

Best regards.

Takumi

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.