Unable to call REST API from Virtual Machine to OutSystems Cloud
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.16 (Build 60354)

Hi All,

I'm Unable to call REST API in OutSystems Cloud on the Virtual Machine/company on-premise server. It throws "Internal Server Error. Unable to connect to the remote server".

I usually connect through VPN to access the site which is developed in virtual machine. Also with some VM configurations like firewall & whitelisting of IP and port I'm able to access the site outside VM with VPN connection. Even the postman (Desktop Agent) provides positive response on the exposed API outside VM with VPN connection.

How do I establish a connection method now to OutSystems Cloud.? 

Regards,

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

I am not sure if i understand correctly you are saying like you have a REST API in your VM and you are trying to connect it through outsystems cloud.

If yes than you would need to expose the REST API through a public IP or domain .

Best Regards

Devendra

@Devendra Singh Baghel, Yes the REST API is in VM. Do we have any other ways to achieve this .? We have a create VPN in lifetime, so can we achieve something on that line. Both REST API and site are responding outside VM through VPN connection.

Hi Vinod,

Yes you can create a VPN connection through lifetime and a virtual private network would be established between your VM and outsystems cloud. If the connection is established successfully you can access the REST API from outsystems cloud.

Best Regards

Devendra

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.