Integration Studio - Problem with office documents - COM ERROR 8004015

Integration Studio - Problem with office documents - COM ERROR 8004015

Hello all,

I am building an extension with an action that, given a word document, delivers all merge fields in a recordlist.
Problem is a common error with meddling with office documents:
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {XXX} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

I've googled this problem and there is a solution:
which tells me to change the build from Any CPU to x86 in Visual Studio. 

This apparently solves the case but I've already tried it and the result is the same error.

Has anyone dealt with this error and found the solution ?

Thank you very much
Ederico Rocha
You may want to look at the options for the extension, and add a parameter to the compiler to ensure that it is doing what you want.

In general, running the Office apps within the context of IIS is a really bad idea, though. They take up a ton of RAM, and in the past they've been known to reside in memory much longer than you'd expect, basically becoming a memory leak. I highly recommend looking into document manipulation components like those from Aspose or Syncfusion for safety.

Hi Ederico,

Changing the extension to x86 and still executing on a 64bit application pool should have prevented you from even Publishing it on Integration Studio (with a even stranger error) I guess you did something wrong there.

If the problem is that COM call not working on 64bits, the best you can try is to put the application in a 32bit application pool in IIS and try it.
I'm assuming you are using a 64bit Windows, right?

João Rosado
Hello Justin and João,

First of all, thank you very much for your assistance in this case.

João, as you mention it, it sometimes appears an error concerning the publishing of the extension.

Following Justin's suggestion, I am trying to use different methods to deal with the word documents.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Ederico Rocha