Studio crashing where many blocks exist
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.16 (Build 60354)

My colleague's application has a block that contains about 20 other blocks of moderate/high complexity. 

When adding a new block to this existing block, Studio becomes unresponsive and I have to end the process.

I have tried:

• Splitting the parent block into smaller blocks. This allowed me to add the additional block, but OS later crashed when i tried to put these too "parent" blocks together.
  • Not displaying the blocks (by hiding behind an If statement). I thought maybe it was a chromium issue, and by hiding these blocks it would reduce the load. Did not help.
  • Task manager looks unresponsive on CPU and memory is not maxed.

I can not paste or share the code sorry.

What have others done to get around complex screens like this? Is there best practice or advice that others can share?

Champion

Hi, 

First, do you follow architecture layer when developing apps ? If not, better use architecture layer so the component in a module will not become too complex or too big. (https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Best_Practices/Architecture/From_architecture_to_development)

Second, I got this from Outsystems support but not sure to find this on the Outsystem's Documentation, but its better to hava a single module about 4 MB per module. You can check this by saving the module as .oml file and see how big is the .oml file.

Thanks

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.