how to save user name...

how to save user name...

Hello...
i am trying to save the user name of currently login person,in data base with a save action,
for the purpose of, want to know which person submit the Request.........
help............
Regards Israr...
Hi Israr,

you can get the logged user using the Session.UserId variable and Session.UserName
If you need more help please let us know.

Regards,

Carlos Rocha
hi..Carlos 
thanxxx,
 i know these function but how and where i use them,i have a save action and at the end i want to update the column by user name value,so i am using a advance Query in which i am trying to update that column,and i create a input variable but i am unable to assign the value of user name to that variable... so how i assign the user name vale in advance Query......

Hi Israr,

You probably have a UpdatedBy atribute or something like that in the entity that you are updating. before you save this entity just make an assing of the field Updated By with the Session.UserName or with the Session.userId.

I advise you thet you should use the id instead of the UserName and you get the name when you need. because if the user update is name you can lose the info on that user, because that name desapear.

If this is not enough please let me know. I can provide you a sample OML.

Regards,
Carlos Rocha
hi carlos.....
thanx so much....and i am trying,but seems difficult,if u could upload oml easily......
will be very thank full to u............

Israr..........
hi carlos.....

its done,by assign widget.....

thank u so much........
Regard Israr................