Extension table updates

Hi Team,

Please let me know how the refresh happens through extensions in outsystems,

If data changes in external db after import .

Regards

In both cases (whether you are using OutSystems entity or External DB), the Refresh data widget retrieves the records from the RDBMS server only, so the answer to your question is Yes, even if you updated the data externally (perhaps from the management studio) and when you retrieve in OutSystems, you will only get the updated data.

Hi Ujwala, 

The refresh procedure is the same as retrieving records from OutSystems entities.

To refresh the Aggregate or DataAction, utilize the Refresh data widget (whatever you have used to retrieve the records from the external entity)

Thank you,

But after through extension reference ,If data changes in external db,will it be in sync to outsytem tables what has been imported through reference.

Regards

In both cases (whether you are using OutSystems entity or External DB), the Refresh data widget retrieves the records from the RDBMS server only, so the answer to your question is Yes, even if you updated the data externally (perhaps from the management studio) and when you retrieve in OutSystems, you will only get the updated data.

Hi Mayank,

Thank you.

am using reactive so I hope when I refreshes aggregates /dataaction it will pull the updated data.

Regards,

Hi ujwala,

What Mayank is explained is correct, please try that it will definitely help you out.

Regards

Shashikant Shukla

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.