Multi-tenant Master Class - My app does not work, nor the exercise solution
Application Type
Traditional Web, Reactive, Service
Service Studio Version
11.52.7 (Build 60395)
Platform Version
11.16.0 (Build 35766)

Hello everyone. How are you? Let's talk about multi-tenancy?šŸ™‚

I took the Multi-tenant Master Class. However, I could not apply everything taught in the course. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I hope someone can help me.

I don't know the reason(s). So I'll post the solution '.oml' file so we can discuss the matter in detail.

By the way, the exercise solution, provided in the course does not work for me (ex3_solved_MasterClass_BO.oml). It was supposed to allow you to create users in different tenants. My OML and the exercise solution can create a user on the {Users} table. But I cannot log in with it. I thought it was the password, however, I double-checked and it is being encrypted.

This is the workflow I used to create a new user:

*Note that I cannot use the "User_Create" server action found in the "Users" module, because it won't let you create a user in a specific tenant (the action is commented because I would like to test this scenario).

This is what the solution does:

Let me show the app (solution) running:

Here we have more than one tenant set.

Below are the users created under the Company_1 tenant:

I don't know what I'm missing.

Because when we try to log in using an incognito window, I get an error:

End-user Module configurations:
Multi-tenant property set to YES.
Contact table Multi-tenant property set to inherit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm all ears. Thank you.  ^_^

ex3_solved_MasterClass_BO.oml

Hey Michael.

Thank you for testing the application.

I didn't know what you had done different than I.

So I started to change the way I create the user. I discovered that the password field has a limitation of 20 characters, included (before encryption). So I added this validation and is working fine now.

Without your support I wouldn't find this detail. Thanks again.

Hi Lucas,

I tested your OML.  It seems working on my end.  I created a user in Users Tenant and I was able to login with it.  I also did the same with the other Tenants.

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 2.43.45 AM.png

Hey Michael.

Thank you for testing the application.

I didn't know what you had done different than I.

So I started to change the way I create the user. I discovered that the password field has a limitation of 20 characters, included (before encryption). So I added this validation and is working fine now.

Without your support I wouldn't find this detail. Thanks again.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.