Migrating from one SQL Database to the Platform SQL Database

Migrating from one SQL Database to the Platform SQL Database

I'm currently using the Community edition with an Extension to our SQL database. I'm pretty sure I will be upgrading my licence soon as we are looking to use the Agile Platform within our business.

I'm hoping to make use of the ability to build business processes, but I'm aware that you can't really do this using Extensions as you can't trigger certain things. My real question is how easy can you migrate from out current SQL server to the SQL server the platform will be using? I wouldn't be asking except for the fact that building some business processes would be really useful for our company.

Either that or I am barking up the wrong tree with this!

Cheers,

Tom
@Tom

You can continue to develop agile platform with your external SQL Server database.

As for migrating your database over to the SQL Server that is used by the Agile Platform, there is currently no real easy way to do this other than recreating the tables via Service Studio and importing the data records into your new database on your own.

Hi Robert,

I was under the impression that with external datababses you can't 'Expose Process Events' which is what I am looking to do with my database? I thought that the only the Agile database can use this functionality at the moment?

Tom