How to use the TooltipClose action while not having the required widget Id

Hi, 

I have a tooltip that I want to close by pressing the (X) button. To do so, after pressing (X), I'm trying to run the action in the print below. However, it requires a WidgetId, to identify the correspondent tooltip.

The tooltip doesn't seem to be returning any ID, so my question is how do I reference this widget without it returning its ID?

Thank you in advance.

Flow.PNG

Solution

Thank you for your response, Benjith!

I did as you suggested and gave the widget a name, but unfortunately wasn't enough.

It seems that the TooltipOpen and TooltipClose actions can't grasp the widget Id from inside the Client Action.

So I solved it by creating a text input parameter and pass the Tooltip widget Id from the screen into the action.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Renato,

To reference the widget's runtime Id in the design time you must set the Widget's Name property as highlighted below and reference the widget's runtime Id property like --> WidgetName.Id 

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Thank you for your response, Benjith!

I did as you suggested and gave the widget a name, but unfortunately wasn't enough.

It seems that the TooltipOpen and TooltipClose actions can't grasp the widget Id from inside the Client Action.

So I solved it by creating a text input parameter and pass the Tooltip widget Id from the screen into the action.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.