Why Integration Studio opening Visual Studio Community 2022 lost reference?

Hi there,

I found a weird thing when integrating Visual Studio Community 2022 with Integration Studio - when ever the computer restart, all the references in the Visual Studio lost as well, although the source in the Integration Studio still shows the library referenced.

To work around this, just go back to Visual Studio Community 2019 and it runs like a charm.

regards and thanks

Hi Indra.

That doesn't happen in my case, Integration Studio works with Visual Studio Community 2022.

Do you have both versions of Visual Studio (2022 and 2019) installed?

I only have VS 2022, and it works normally.

Cheers

mvp_badge
MVP

How is someone else not having the same problem a solution?

I installed only 2022, then i replace with 2019. I don't know the root cause because in 2019 i experience the same thing. I just deleted some files to make space in drive C and all works normally. May be because of free edition and cannot do swapping. 

regards

mvp_badge
MVP

How do you mean replace VS2022 with VS2019.

You cannot replace versions I believe, you can install/uninstall.

VS2022 and VS2019 can run on same computer.

Maybe the settings about Visual Studio in OutSystems Integration builder where not mapping to the Visual Studio version you wanted, as it can only reference one version of VS even if you have multiple installed on your computer.

mvp_badge
MVP

I think you should mark your own reply as solution, you seem to have fixed it yourself.

Hi Indra.

That doesn't happen in my case, Integration Studio works with Visual Studio Community 2022.

Do you have both versions of Visual Studio (2022 and 2019) installed?

I only have VS 2022, and it works normally.

Cheers

mvp_badge
MVP

How is someone else not having the same problem a solution?

I installed only 2022, then i replace with 2019. I don't know the root cause because in 2019 i experience the same thing. I just deleted some files to make space in drive C and all works normally. May be because of free edition and cannot do swapping. 

regards

mvp_badge
MVP

How do you mean replace VS2022 with VS2019.

You cannot replace versions I believe, you can install/uninstall.

VS2022 and VS2019 can run on same computer.

Maybe the settings about Visual Studio in OutSystems Integration builder where not mapping to the Visual Studio version you wanted, as it can only reference one version of VS even if you have multiple installed on your computer.

mvp_badge
MVP

I think you should mark your own reply as solution, you seem to have fixed it yourself.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.