[OutSystems Maps] Outsystem Maps - Direction route request denied
outsystems-maps
Reactive icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,
I have enable the Direction API, Geolocation, Geocoded, Maps javascript, Place API. But still am facing the below error

Thanks,
Jeyasri

Hi @JEYASRI R 

That is a typical error from Google Maps API key misconfiguration.
You need to check all restrictions and services enabled for the API you're using.
Since OutSystems Maps uses Google Maps there's nothing different done in this regard.

To view your list of enabled APIs:

1. Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
  2. Click the Select a project button, then select the same project you set up for the Maps JavaScript API and click Open.
  3. From the list of APIs on the Dashboard, look for Directions API.
  4. If you see the API in the list, you’re all set. If the API is not listed, enable it:
    1. At the top of the page, select ENABLE API to display the Library tab. Alternatively, from the left side menu, select Library.
    2. Search for Directions API, then select it from the results list.
    3. Select ENABLE. When the process finishes, Directions API appears in the list of APIs on the Dashboard.

For more details check the documentation here.

Best Regards,
GM

Hi GM,
Thanks for reply to me,  I want to track the user live location, It is possible in this outsystem maps?

Thanks
Jeyasri

Hi @JEYASRI R 

OutSystems Maps wrap some Google Maps functionalities. What you want to achieve is more business logic on your end. To do that you need to have access to the user device's location (not on the scope of this component) that you can implement by using a native plugin like the Location plugin and then you can send those coordinates to be displayed.
Hope it helps.

Cheers,
GM

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.