Timer and email
Service Studio Version

Hey I need to create an email timer notification wherein it checks the contract end date of an employee and sends a notification for sending the mail to the manager.

Hi Athulya,

To create a Email you have to create Email service in traditional application then you have to install that application as a dependency in your real application.

1. Now you have email server action.

For creating timer 

2. Create one server action use above (1.) email service in that + your logic (the contract end date of an employee and sends a notification for sending the mail to the manager )

Go to timers > right click > create new > select above (2.) action in that

Now go to service center

3. Service center >  Timer > you can see your server action > generate runner time > activate > save

Runner will run automatically.

I hope you understood let me know if you have any question,

If possible attach your .Oml here.

Thanks,

Shriyash

Thank you so much ! I am trying to implement it but still stuck at the logic part. Below is the oml file for which I need to apply the actions

Timer.oml

Hey Kundan
Thank you so much for this help. This will indeed help me

Thank you so much ! I am still confused about the logic that I should use

Hi Athulya Panicker,

I update the oml that you share .

please find the attachment and use it .

for your requirement use this logic 

here timer runs daily and check if the current date is contract end date of an employee ,

If yes the timer will run and send Notification mail to manager with employee name 

otherwise check another employee End Date 

condition use in bellow image : CurrDate()=GetEmps.List.Current.Emp.enddate

hope it help you .

Thanks

Timer_Updated.oml

Hey Kundan
Thank you so much for this help. This will indeed help me

Hi Athulya,

To create a Email you have to create Email service in traditional application then you have to install that application as a dependency in your real application.

1. Now you have email server action.

For creating timer 

2. Create one server action use above (1.) email service in that + your logic (the contract end date of an employee and sends a notification for sending the mail to the manager )

Go to timers > right click > create new > select above (2.) action in that

Now go to service center

3. Service center >  Timer > you can see your server action > generate runner time > activate > save

Runner will run automatically.

I hope you understood let me know if you have any question,

If possible attach your .Oml here.

Thanks,

Shriyash

Thank you so much ! I am trying to implement it but still stuck at the logic part. Below is the oml file for which I need to apply the actions

Timer.oml

Hi, Athulya Panicker 
            I hope I can help you. Image Caption

Hey Himanshu this will totally help in how to send the mail but I need to find a solution on setting up the end date as the date on which I have to send the mail

Hi
you have to create timer to Date Please open the service center go to the monitor, and go through

Thanks & RegardsHimanshu

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.