How can on premise OS and cloud OS talk?
Question

Hi All,

Currently, our OS is running on-premises, but we have a new application that needs public access. But, we are concerned about the security. So, we decide to host a new application on the cloud OS. In this case, how the Cloud OS application can retrieve the data from on-premises OS which connected many DATABASES? Any sample program or architecture diagram to share?

Thank you

Regards,

Ryan

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Ryan,

Basically, you have three options:

1. Create a VPN between OS Cloud and your on-premise infrastructure
  2. Create a AWS Transit gateway
  3. Create a AWS Direct connect

Option 1 is the easiest to achieve with the least costs. Each options pro's and con's.

Once you have a connection, you can have a REST/SOAP API exposed on your  OutSystems on-premise to be consumed by apps in your OutSystems cloud.

Did you also consider to have solved your requirement on your OutSystems on-premise using DMZ?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël Kuhlmann ,

For DMZ is safe? secure?, my infra manager told me.. if DMZ, the hacker have chance to hack. and on premises connected to many other DB.

Thank you

Regards.

Ryan

mvp_badge
MVP

There is a firewall in front of it, right? For the rest, the OutSystems Cloud platform is secured by default.

The idea of different zones is that you only deploy to a public zone what you want to be publically available. If your infra manager admin is not convinced, I would suggest doing a pen test of the infra setup.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.