How can I Backup data from Outsystems server ??

In my personal environment i was facing the db issue, so I have deleted the module and uploaded from service center. I think my data is available in Outsystems Server. Is it any way to rollback data again as per my last published.

Hi Aditya.

If you deleted the module that had the database, possibly you deleted your database, but if the old module still exists, you can create a rest api to expose this data, and consume.

Regards 

mvp_badge
MVP

The data is not removed from the database unless you use a tool like db cleaner or db cleaner on steroids.

If you still have the deletes module you should be able to load it again and publish it. After that you should be able to access the entity data of the module. 

Hi Daniel

Thanks for explaining, Aditya may use your method to try to recover your data.

Regards.

Hi Danial and Leonardo,

Thank you very much for answering.

I have tried but it didn't worked.

Regards.

mvp_badge
MVP

Can you describe the steps you take, and what didn't work?

Hi Aditya.

Can you give more details of what you tried to do and it didn't work, which of the two ways mentioned above did you try?

Regards.

mvp_badge
MVP

With a deleted module it's pesky. Because you cannot undelete a module, so even if you have a version lying around, you can't just publish it without it becoming a totally new module (with a new internal key etc.).

I think your best bet is to use something like SQL Sandbox (maybe in combination with with SQL Map) and try to retrieve the data that way.

mvp_badge
MVP

But the deleted module is still in the version control system of outsystems. You can recover the binary and save as .OML it with some small piece of code. I was under the impression it would then still have the same internal key. I am pretty sure I did this once, but maybe my memory is playing with me.

Let me tell you from the beginning that my environment was full. I had to remove the application versions. For this, first I downloaded the module then i deleted that model so that all its versions also removed. after that i uploaded the downloaded module again. i thought after uploading module data is in all tables come automatically but it doesn't happen and Now there is only empty table.

mvp_badge
MVP

I guess you are stuck then and try what @Kilian Hekhuis suggest

Hi Aditya,

You can use DbCleaner to clean your personal when it is full, usually the platform notifies you by email when the limit is exceeded, be aware of this so you don't have your personal deactivated for exceeding the limit, whenever you delete any module or app, try to make a backup before, but try to make Kilian's suggestion before cleaning your personal with dbcleaner, another suggestion would be for you to create an action to export the table data to excel, that way you could import them later, which may be something simpler for you.

Regards

Here is a documentation to create an action to export to excel.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Data/How_to_Export_Entity_Data_to_Excel

Regards.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.