Errors encountered in entities
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.53.8 (Build 60995)

Many thanks to @Laura Fidalgo for her replies on my first post yesterday.

I am still on my Order Management tutorial, and I am now encountering errors after (successfully) bootstrapping each new Entity (Order and OrderItem) to its own Excel file. 

(I had to add one record of sample data for the bootstrap to work.)

Immediately after bootstrapping the entities, I got two errors and one warning as seen in the screenshots I have attached.

I resolved the Invalid Expression error by wrapping the integer value in an IntegerToText wrapper.

I am unable to resolve the Invalid Data Type error. for OrderStatus Identifier.; OrderStatus is a string field.

Also am unable to resolve the warning Unused Aggregate.

Any help will be appreciated.

BILAL

Error6.png

Solution

I discovered that Service Studio can be tricky to fathom, and tweaking one item in one place can trigger errors in many other places, so the simplest solution I found works for me - especially in these tutorials - is to delete all the entities and screens and start afresh. That takes care of the errors.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

It would be better if you shared your OML, so someone can see and fixit for you.

For me using the IntegerToText() is a red flag, that you have somewhere not the right datatype set. The second error is of the same issue.

Regards,

Daniel

Ah I deleted it just a minute ago, my apologies, sir.

Solution

I discovered that Service Studio can be tricky to fathom, and tweaking one item in one place can trigger errors in many other places, so the simplest solution I found works for me - especially in these tutorials - is to delete all the entities and screens and start afresh. That takes care of the errors.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.