Download widget....

Download widget....

Hi ALL,

I Have a problem with downloadinf excel file, i save the excel file in Entity (File Content, dataType Binary Data)...it saved in database but when i download this file it download as List.aspx......? y it .aspx page instead of excel sheet....?
will  any body suggest me the right direction....?

Regards

Israr A Khan
Hello Israr,

When you save the (excel)file to the DB do you also save the mimetype and filename?

When you use the download widget, you can retrief this types from the DB and use the mimetype and filename in the download widget.

An example how I've done is below, hope it is usefull.

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi  Evert van der Zalm

thank you for the reply...

i have solved it,i created a separete entity ,(Name, Content, Type), but if we save it in another entity with only one atribute filecontent(binary date).so in this case will it work...?or filename and type are necessary to save with...?

Regards 
Israr A Khan
Hello Israr,

What you tell is indeed the correct solution. You must keep you file information in one entity and the binary data in the other entity.

So your solution will also work.

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi Evert
thank you..

and one more question is, how to schedule a timer yearly...?
i created a timer,i have to schedule it yearly, i want to update the leave balance of employees at the end of every year...and is no option of year..

Best Regards

Israr
Hello Israr,

Take a look at this post. (About the yearly timer)
A  timer with that logic won't consume any more SU's than a dayly timer would (or monthly for that matter), so you don't really need a Yearly timer option. :)

Hope it helps. Best regards,
Hi António,
 thank you so much,got it...

Best Regards
Israr