integration DotNet App with OutSystems App...

integration DotNet App with OutSystems App...

I have an application in DOTNET, he is very big, I'm transferring to OutSystems in modules ... not to waste time..
I have a dotnet application, I need to integrate an OutSystems application with this dotnet application.
What better way to do this integration?
As he had control of the session? on closing the session?
Is there any application to do this integration?
Someone has gone through that experience of integration between two applications, and OutSystems dotnet?
Hi Adilson,

Welcome to the Forums!

Well, the best way to integrate depends a lot on what your current application is. If it is a non-web application, say a console application, you may want to create an Extension and export all the necessary functions on your original code as actions of the extension.

If it's a web application, you may prefer to create Web Services on the original application that export the functionalities you want to use and add those as Web References to your eSpace.

Either way, you'll want to implement the user interfaces on the OutSystems side.

You could keep separate models on your OutSystems app and your original app and synchronize at certain points as you suggested, but you may get concurrency problems if your original app continues to "run" independently on the side.

So, it really is a very broad question. Maybe you can let us know a bit more details?

Regards,

Miguel
it! I have an original app, and need to develop it in Modolo, not to affect everything at once.
My problem is with the communication between the original application and the newmodule OutSystems.
not closing the session of my original application, when the User is accessing themodule OutSystems ...

wanted to know the best method for this integration,
I believe that some developer OutSystems has already encountered this problem.
Sujestão wanted some ...

Thank you.

In my case this was somewhat complex to achive

The assuptions were:
  1. Use user names and passwords from the .NET application
  2. Application flow from .NET and OS should not require users to re enter password
  3. Use the roles and permissions from the .NET application

The first thing we did was to create a specific log in process for OS App.
Using the traditional OS login screens the user should be able to login using his username and password from the .NET application
So we buld a first authentication level against the .NET app
If the user did not exist in the OS side it would be created on the fly
Then the normal login process for OS

For item 2 we save the user ID, date time, expire, and the session id in a table on the .NET side everytime a user logs in.
Then we added a functionality to the previous login process to accept an ecrypted session id instead of a username/password
The process will query the session table, verify if it is still a valid session and if so proceed with the log in.
This means that in OS entry point screens you can accept the extra parameter and do the validations
The user doesnt even know it changed from an .NET app to a OS-.NET app

For item 3 we also did a synk between the .NET custom role table (specific to our app) to the OS role table so that every time a user logs in it gets exactly the same roles in both apps.
The permissions for the roles were managed semi-automaticaly, they were set up via a timer activated in the upload and if needed changed by hand on the enterprise manager

Cheers