Importing Numeric Data from Excel

Importing Numeric Data from Excel

I am trying to Bootstrap some data from excel into my application but the Numeric Data isn't being recognized. I have attached what my data looks like and the result I am getting after the data is assigned to my entity I am using.  On the data structure I have tried both Text and Integer data types.
Hi Rebecca,

You said that you included the result your getting but I couldn't find it anywhere on your post. Any chance you could provide an Excel that shows the import problems?

I believe there is a limitation on importing columns that are Entity foreign keys, but I have imported "normal" numbers in the past with no problems. :(

Thanks,

Miguel
Here is an oml with the import and needed entities.  Thanks for your help!
I was able to resolve the issue.  The excel file was saved in Excel 2010.  When saved as Excel 2003 then the import worked.
Hi Rebecca,

That's great news - I had just started looking into the matter and I thought it may have been due to you using formula notation for the numbers (i.e. =64 instead of just 64) but I just tried that and, at least on Excel 2007 files, that didn't make a difference.

So, it appears that on Excel 2010, they changed the way either numbers or formulas are saved.

Could you please try removing the "=" from the original excel's Duration cells and saving with Excel 2010 to see if the Agile Platform can cope with "normal" 2010 Numbers and let me know so I can submit an issue?

Many thanks in advance,

Miguel
You're right on the data.  By removing the "-" sign I was able to save in the Excel 2010 format and be able to enter the numbers.