Changing Server Date Format

Changing Server Date Format

Is there a way to change the server date format to yyyy-mmm-dd (2011-Dec-23)?  I have checked Administration-Server Confiruation in Service Center but the closest value is "YYYY-MM-DD" (2011-12-23).  This is a 5.1 server.
Do you pretend that all date formats from the platform come in this new format? If so, yes that is the place to configure it, keep in mind that you need a full recompilation of the eSpaces to ensure they all are working with the new date (watch out for hand made formats that will not be changed with this feature)

That being said, I don't think the YYYY-MMM-DD is one of the supported formats in the configuration

Best regards,
PC
Thanks for your help.
Rebecca, I remembered I might have not been very clear on what I ment with hand made formats, so a bit of clarification...

If you change the date format from the server from, lets say from YYYY-MM-DD to YYYY/MM/DD, if you have a date, a null date for instance, typed as #1900-01-01 00:00:00#, it will stop working since the server will now consider the null date as #1900/01/01 00:00:00# (advanced queries or query parameters comes to mind for this type of behaviour)

Take that into consideration before do the change on a already running server, it may impact severely on the running apps.

Best regards,
PC
Rebecca; keep in mind that changing the Database format might give you strange effects when querying your database.
We've found this when changing the locale settings after creating the database structure.

As soon as applications seem to work OK with '01/01/2012'  and fail starting with '13/01/2012' you should get an idea of where to look at. ;)