Timer debugging...

Timer debugging...

Hi All...

can we debuge the Timer..

i set the schedule property to "When Publish" or also checked at specific time,

but debuger does not start..
Hi,

The timer requires an action to execute, just create a test webscreen and put that action in its preparation.
This way you can debug the action.

Hope it helps,
Hermínio
hi..

yes offcourse, i have the action...and i am adding break point at start of that action..

then i publish the application,but it does not start debuging..and debuger is also working at other actions...

thank you...........

Israr

Hi,

Just by calling the timer it won't debug, thats why you need to put it in the preparation of a webscreen and then run the application and go to that webscreen.

Cheers,
Hermínio
Hi Israr,

To debug a timer you need to use the Debugger->"Debug in Public Area" option instead of the "Run and Debug".

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanx  for your help,

its mean we cant debug any user action without screen. is right..?

and will timer work without screen,or it need a screen to work..(not talking about debuging)

Regards

Israr

Hi Irsar,

If you follow João's suggestion you won't need a screen to run the action explicitly. If the debugger is set to "Debug in Public Area", as soon as the eSpace is published and the ^"When Published" timer fires, the debugger will stop in the breakpoint you placed on the Timer's action.

As for debugging other actions, as long as they are called from somewhere and you can get the code tu run through that invocation, the debugger will stop there.

Regards,

Miguel
 hi  Miguel

Thank you so much for giving answer in detail,

Regards 

ISRAR..