webscreen input parameters with POST

webscreen input parameters with POST

Hi,

A have a webscreen that receives XML data posted by an external application with one input parameter (submit typeof text) to decide what to do with the data.

I am able to get and save the contents with GetRequestContents but when i evaluate the input parameter, it is blank.

I tried to use GetFormValue but with no success.

The post is sento to "http://mydomain/mypage?submit=true"

can anyone help?

Thnks
Hi Miguel,

GetFormValue should work correctly unless the XML data is posted as a file, in that case you would need to use HTTPRequestHandler.GetRequestFiles.
A handy way to test these is to use curl.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

My external application sends a post not in the traditional HTML format where the fields in the form but like a webservice where the form data is sent as an XML file in the content of the webrequest. So i am access the document reading the Request Content and not the files collection. I tried to read from the input parameters and also from the GetFormValue with no success. Could it be because it is a Post so the platform ignores the input parameters and because there is no form submitted from where to read form values?

I managed to overcome this issue by including the parameters i need in the sent document but is not the mos elegant aproach since i wold like to separate the document data from the information that the platform needs to preform an action like the submit.
Thanks,
Miguel
Hi again,

I am able to parsethe Raw URL received by th platform. Is there any action that i can use to parse the querystring and search for values?

Thnks,
Miguel 
Hi Miguel,

You'll need to use standard text functions like Index() and Substr() or Text.Regex_Search() to parse the values in the url, but in that case you are talking about a GET and not a POST.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Hi Tiago,

Thanks for the help. I have created a function to parse the querystring and search for the value of some key. I attach the code (as image).

Acording to my tests it worked with get and post methods using HTTPRquestHandler.GetURL() like QueryStringParser("MyTestKey",GetURL()).

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões