radiobuttons template

radiobuttons template

L.S.

A lot of our applications consists of pages with multiple radiobuttons. What's the best approach to create a template for a radiobuttongroup? I tried a webblock with a table and 10 radiobuttons with placeholders for the text, but then I cannot delete or add radiobuttons when needless or more radiobuttons.

Regards, Harry
Hi Harry,

Check the eSpace in attach. What I did was a Web Block that receives a Record List of Label/Value pairs and dynamically creates enough Radio buttons to accomodate that. When the user selects one of the radii the block notifies the "owner" screen of what value is currently selected.

The HomePage screen preparation builds up the RadioRL and passes that on to the DynamicRadio block. Then on the OnRadioChangeNotify action I just update an expression onscreen so you can see it moving.

Not sure if my suggestion would qualify as the "best approach" but it is "an approach". :) It allows you to have a centralized dynamic batch of Radio buttons.

Hope this helps,

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

Thank you for sending your approach. It fitts nice into our ideas of putting content (in this case radiobuttons) into the database, so one can dynamicly build  pages. Great.

Regards, Harry 
Glad it helped!

Season Greetings,

Miguel