OsJs Error

Hello all, I'm having a somewhat strange error in the OsJs script that I cannot explain

The OML i'm using is pretty much empty, so I cannot understand what could be forcing this error. Anyone has caught anything like this?

Best regards,
PC
Hi Pedro,

Is the page loading any css stylesheet? or is it completly empty eSpace?
Ttry to add a dummy css rule in your screen.

It's also important to say what version of the platform you are using if that doesn't solve your problem

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João

I'm using version 6.0.1.7 of SS. What I did was created a new eSpace, stripped it from everything and created one webblock and one test page. 

There is no css in the eSpace (not that I can find anyway), there is also no atribute in the page where a style is mentioned (see the image below)

The only css loaded is the ECT one.

Best regards,
PC
Hi Pedro,

Did you try what i suggested about creating a dummy css rule in the screen?

Regards,
João Rosado
You mean create in that webscreen a css entry like
.dummy{
}

Best regards,
PC
We have the same issue but it cannot be solved by the dummy class "fix" as we're talking about a third party widget that has been inserted into the page and cross browser restrictions prevent the osjs from iterating through the styles.

Question: Where exactly is osjs.js located? I could fix this bug in 2 seconds if the damn thing wouldn't be hidden somewhere in space and time or if at least it wouldn't be an anonymous function throwing the error into which we cannot hook by any means to our knowledge.

Thanks!
I believe its part of the base platform. I know most of the add ons are in Rich Widgets. I'm not sure that knowing where it comes from will help, since it is likely that you can't change it.

J.Ja
Hi Horvath,

Can you replicate through problem in a sample eSpace and upload it here so we can try to replicate?

Also what platform version are you using and what browser?

Regards,
João Rosado
Well, I've fixed the issue with a workaround.

I've made a copy of _osjs.js, edited it, fixed the bug and uploaded it as part of one of our eSpaces. Then I went to ServiceCenter and set up a 301 SEO redirect from the default _osjs.js to our customized one and it works very well so far.

Cheers,
Levente
Hello Levente,

Just a tip/warning about your resolution..Be carefull in the future when you have to update the Platform version, because that resource can cause some incompatibilities.

Cheers,
Gonçalo M.
Hi,
That is not an acceptable workaround, can you please do what I asked and answer my questions?

With that you only buying problems for the future and we will lose time understanding why your platform doesn't work.

Never mess up with internal files or undocumented stuff.

Regards,
João Rosado