Reduce the size of Table Records

Reduce the size of Table Records

Hi guys,

Can someone told me how can i reduce the size of a cell of a Table Records? I've tried put the width of the cell with 400px, but the cell assumes always the size of the expression.

Sorry if my english is not the best :)

Thanks,
Diogo Miguel.
Hello Diogo,
by default the TableRecords_EvenLine and TableRecords_OddLine styles have the property white-space set to nowrap.

If you only want the text to break on specific cells you should define a style to override that property and apply it to the specific cells
Eg.
.Text_Wrap { white-space: normal; } 

If you want that behaviour for all your eSpace Table Records, you can just redefine those TableRecords_EvenLine and TableRecords_OddLine in your own eSpace, perhaps copy/paste from the original and changing only the white-space to normal is the easiest way.

Just a reminder. If you're using 6.0 do not edit the original/base theme directly within RichWidgets because
  1. Doing so will have effects on all other eSpaces that might be using that theme as base.
  2. The styles can be easily overriden if you redefine them within your eSpace. (If after this the effective value for white-space on the page is still no-wrap, try adding !important between the "normal" word and the ";")
Please Note:

With the "white-space: normal" property, the text will wrap when necessary, it doesn't work if you have one word (in your text) with the size > 400px (it depends of your font size), otherwise a line break will be introduce to keep the cell width to 400px.

Best Regards.
Thanks guys, the problem was solved :)
Even now i would like to now what is the maxim size that can be put in width?

Thanks,
Diogo Miguel.
Hello Diogo,

I don't think there is a limit on the widht property, the limitation would be on the width of the screen.

If needed I could apply a solution where even long words are 'breaked down' so the cell never gets bigger then 400 px, not even with long words. But you must keep in mind that the width is always fixed in that solution.

Kind regards,
Evert

Oh ok, thanks Evert.

Thanks,
Diogo Miguel.

Hello Diogo,

Take a look at the attachment to see what you could do with word-wrap.

Kind regards,
Evert
Thank you very much, its very usefull.

Thanks,
Diogo Miguel.