Chosen Combobox

I currently have a combobox (with the chosen component). I have it pulling another entity (Customers)  attribute (Id). I want the end user to be able to see in the list the First and Last name (which are both diffrent attributes), along with the Id, while keeping the record that is written is the Id number. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appracated. I have uploaded the OML if that will give anyone a better idea of what I am talking about.

Michael
Hi Michael.
Looking at the Chosen plugin page, there seems to be no option to do that.
There also seems to be no easy way to do that, because if you think about the HTML behind your combo (<option value=EntityId>EntityId</option>) the first and last name are nowhere to be seen, since chosen runs client side it will never be able to find those values. (not to mention you won't be able to add them to the html easily either, as it is generated by the platform).
Hope It's not too confusing. 

If you really need to do that, I sugest you try a textBox with RichWidgets's AutoComplete instead of a combo with Chosen.

Best regards,
Hello Michael, 

well you actually can do what you want, still using the chosen component. You can build your own list to be displayed in that combo box.

So, you create a Structure wich contain CustomerId and Label, this Label will be First Name + Last Name + (ID), and all this concatenations will be done in the preparation of that screen (or make an user action for future usage). After having the list populated with all the information you want, you just need to assign that list to the combo box.

I've done that changes so you can read and look into it, to understand how it's done.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy New Year,
Miguel
I guess I misunderstood the question. I thought he wanted to maintain only the Id visible in the combo. :D
Miguel
I tried what you sent but every time I go to create a new record I get:
"
Internal Error
An internal error occurred and was logged.
Please try again later or contact the administration team.

Sorry for any inconvenience."

I did try to modify my current one and just upload the one that you modifed, both gave me the same issue.

Any ideas?

Michael