Change Platform Server to Another Machine

Change Platform Server to Another Machine

Hi guys,

Just to make sure:
If I backup the License, and all the .oml and extensions, I can install the platform on another machine, upload the license and publish it all again. Is that right ?

Thanks
Hello Francisco,

i'll quote Miguel João about this subject, on this topic.

"If you're using the free OutSystems Express Edition, when installing it on another server, a free edition license will be installed as well, if you use a fresh database for it. Then, if you which to migrate the OutSystems application's database, you'll need to backup the just installed license first, since restoring the database will overwrite it. Then you just need to upload the new license again. 

If you're using a licensed Express, Professional or Enterprise edition of the OutSystems platform, you'll need to ask for a new license, following the procedures described on the License page of Service Center. This is because the serial number is based on the OutSystems Deployment Controller (Hub Controller) server's hardware and operating system, and if the server changes, the license becomes invalid."

regards,
Miguel

Ok, that makes everything clear.

I'm not actually changing it to another machine, just to another directory as the free space on the C drive is very low which is compromising everything around.
I'll have to ask for another license.
Thanks for the info.
I've finally done it.
I've reinstalled, gone through the sql problems that appeared, but now there is a problem:
He is not accepting user/password -> admin/admin .

Any tip ?
Can you try to access http://localhost/ServiceCenter/doBootstrap.aspx and after try again to access Service Center with the Default credentials?

Best regards,
Renato Gonçalves

Hi guys,

Just in case anyone is as bad as me when installing Server Platform, here goes my experience:
I installed, but I couldn't login with admin/admin
Solution: http://localhost/ServiceCenter/doBootstrap.aspx

When I loged in, I dind't had any system components, Rich Widgets, etc ..
Just run this: C:\Programs Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\SystemComponents.osp

All I can say is that Outsystems Support Team was lightning fast answering my technical questions ( no kidding ), and the server is ready and running.
Thank you !